Mission & Values
The Forest Foundation is committed to strengthening and enriching the quality of life in Southwest Washington, with a particular emphasis on Tacoma and Pierce County.
The Foundation pursues its mission by supporting well-managed nonprofit organizations and citizen initiatives that achieve measurable, high-quality results.
The Foundation strives to honor the following while carrying out its mission:
- We value honesty, integrity and respect in all our relationships.
- We value the power of community-based leadership.
- We value community-strengthening brought about by individuals who have a strong connection and commitment to where they live.
- We value investing Foundation resources in organizations that:
- Demonstrate programmatic and fiscal accountability, transparency and strength.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions.
- Regularly engage in planning and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances that support the mission.
- Are governed by diverse leaders whose expertise is skillfully managed and employed.